Health & Social Care Quiz
How is your Health & Social Care knowledge? Do you know how many young carers there are in the UK? or what the early symptoms of dementia are? Take our fun and informative quiz below to test your know-how:
1 How many life stages are there?
2 Which country spends less on health care as a percentage of GDP than the UK?
3 Over the past 26 years the number of available hospital beds in England has
- Increased by 67%
- Increased by 35%
- Decreased by 23%
- Decreased by 51%
4 How many young carers are there in the UK?
5 What is the average age of a young carer?
6 On average, how many young carers are there in each classroom?
7 There are young carers as young as five?
True or False?
8 Most teachers know who the young carers are in their class.
True or False?
9 How many people are estimated to have dementia in the UK?
- Over 800,000
10 Is it common that one type of dementia is accompanied by another?
- No, having one type of dementia prevents from getting another one.
- Yes, approximately half of the people diagnosed with dementia have co-existing pathologies.
11 Which one is not an early symptom of dementia?
- Disorientation in unfamiliar surroundings
- Shaky hands
12 Which type of memory is first affected by dementia?
- Episodic memory covering the events that occurred from the time the person became ill.
- Episodic long-term memory, eg. memories from the person’s youth.
- Semantic memory, ie. common knowledge, for example on the names of colors.
1 6, Infancy = 0-2 years, Early Childhood = 3-8 years, Adolescence = 9-18 years, Early Adulthood = 19-45 years, Middle Adulthood = 46-65 years, Later Adulthood = 65+ years
2 Italy: Italy 9.2 UK 9.3 Slovenia 9.4, japan 10.3 France 11.6
3 Decreased by 51%
4 There are an estimated 700,000
6 In every classroom there are an estimated 2 young carers
7 True: Under the Care Act 2014, young carers are entitled to an assessment. It will look at what can be done to make caring easier for a young carer. See Carers.org/article/who-can-have-carers-assessment
8 False: A survey found that 42% of young carers said there was not a particular person at school who recognised them as a carer and helped them.
9 Over 800,000
10 Yes, approximately half of the people diagnosed with dementia have co-existing pathologies.
11 shaky hands. The early symptons are:
- memory problems, particularly remembering recent events.
- increasing confusion.
- reduced concentration.
- personality or behaviour changes.
- apathy and withdrawal or depression.
- loss of ability to do everyday tasks.
12 Episodic memory covering the events that occurred from the time the person became ill.‹ Previous articleNext article ›