ND Care and Support are currently searching for care workers required to work with individuals with complex care needs. The package is a 24-hour package, delivering exceptional care to individuals with either brain injuries or Huntington’s disease within their own home.
The shifts operate on a 12 hour basis with the option for day shifts and night shifts. For individuals who wish to work full time the shifts operate on a 4 days on, 3 days off pattern.
We are looking for people who have a passion for helping others and in this role you can offer support to individuals who’s lives have been transformed by their injuries or impacted with their hereditary condition.
We strive to deliver exceptional care services, promiting an individuals independence and enabling them to live a fulfilled, happy and safe life, remaining in their own home.
Your duties may include:
- Supporting individuals with their daily activities within the service user’s home or within the wider community
- Enabling individuals to live comfortably, safely and happily within their home
- Supporting and enabling regular access the local community
- Assisting, promoting and encouraging service user’s independence
- Support service users with personal care, nutrition, social and spiritual well-being
- Completion of daily reports as required to meet standards
- May include liaison with external agencies, local authorities and family members
- Assisting individuals to undertake hobbies, attend day services, daytime activities and outings
- Communication – excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Have the ability to adapt style to meet clients needs
- Customer Service – excellent customer service skills and able to build rapport with both staff and service users
- Full UK driving licence and use of own vehicle
- Ability to speak a variety of languages
- Possess a QCF level 2 or above in Health and Social Care
- Worked in a similar setting / environment in a previous role
- Excellent rates of pay
- A free comprehensive induction and training programme
- Continuing paid update training
- Paid travel time
- Paid waiting time
- Opportunities to achieve QCF level 2 and 3 in Health & Social Care – as we value your lifelong learning
- Uniform provided
- Personal Protective Equipment provided regularly
- Opportunities to progress within our company
- Regular supervisions and team meetings – keeping up-to date with relevant information
- Recommend a friend scheme – receive £100 bonus per recommendation
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure.
Please contact ND Care & Support for more information on this job vacancy, on 01495 733610, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th July 2019