- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Care
- Job Ref: afterschool
- Salary: £8.75
ND Care and Support are currently looking for after school support workers to work between the hours of 3pm and 7pm, who are passionate about working with children to support them in the community.
As part of the role you may be required to take the service user out into the community to participate in activities. These may include:
sports activities such as indoor rock climbing, trampolining or walking
Dining out in the community
Attending events such as concerts or football/Rugby matches etc.
There may be other activities also available based on the service users individual likes and interests.
This role provides the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding with working with challenging behaviour as well as provides the service user the opportunity to participate in activities within the community in a fun and safe way.
- Over the age of 18
- Has a full Drivers license and use of own vehicle
- previous experience in working with challenging behaviour preferred but not essential, a full training induction will be provided
- Flexibility with working evenings and weekends
- a passion in working with adults or children with additional needs
- Applicants are required to provide a full enhanced DBS Disclosure; the cost is to be met by the applicant.
- Applicants are required to attend our induction course (dates to be confirmed upon offer of appointment)
If you think you are the right person for the role, then apply today!
- full comprehensive training induction
- refer a friend scheme £100 (T’s&C’s apply)
- opportunity to complete ongoing qualifications (NVQ Levels 2 & 3 in Health and Social Care)
- holiday pay
- bank holiday pay
If you would like further information about any of our vacancies, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
ND Care and Support are seeking motivated, honest and reliable individuals to join our team of support workers. ND Care and Support provide community and homecare services for vulnerable adults and children.
Ideally you will have experience of supporting people with a disability and have a full clean driving licence.
We will provide you with full training and the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised Social Care qualification and competitive rates of pay.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS (the cost of which is met by the applicant).
Please contact ND Care & Support for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2082 7555, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th August 2019